TextMate is a versatile plain text editor with a unique and innovative feature set that won it the Apple Design Award for Best Mac OS X Developer Tools in August 2006.
Rapid development community has created modes for over a hundred different “modes”, including support for all major programming languages, prose writing in structured formats like LaTeX, Markdown, Textile, etc., blogging, running SQL queries, writing scripts, doing your budget and much more.
- Text block can be collapsed – fold the code you do not want to see
- Recordable macros – you do not have to write scripts to automate tedious work
- A CSS-inspired selection system allows for more and more options to be applied to the subset of your document – do you want to go back to doing something different inside the comment? Or maybe you want spell checking enabled for your strings in C ++, both of which can be done in seconds.
- Code snippets with tagged placeholders and transformations directly on the text you enter
- Active column – if you align your code in a unique way, TextMate will reward you with editable edits easily!
- Great shell integration – do not worry if you’re not familiar with bash, TextMate is here to teach you all about the wonders of UNIX-based OS X!
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor